1. How did you get started writing?
A: I think I’ve always been writing stories in my head, but the earliest age I can remember writing a book style story was eight years old.
2. What made you decide to write in the genre you chose?
A: I have always had a love for the paranormal going all the way back to my Buffy the Vampire Slayer days. Romance is a little girl’s best friend, so marrying the two just feels right.
3. Do you have any hobbies? What do you like to do in your free time?
A: I’m going through a DIY phase, so if I’ve got the energy? You can bet your sweet bippy (yes, I just said that) I’m gonna DO-IT-MYSELF something.
4. What is your all time favorite book/movie?
A: Um…I think the book I’ve read the most is, surprisingly, a YA book by Gena Showalter, but I can’t remember the name. A movie I will ALWAYS watch, though I don’t know if it’s REALLY my favorite, is Aliens. “Get away from her you…”
5. When you read for yourself what is your favorite genre?
A: When I read for myself, I enjoy paranormal or action type romance, but I’ve been known to enjoy all books. I don’t think true book lovers can ever choose just one genre.
6. After a difficult day, what do you do to recuperate? How do you unwind?
A: If my difficult day revolves around my MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, I sleep. To unwind in general? I play phone games. There’s something calming about matching colored dots. What can I say? I’m a simple girl.
7. For what are you grateful?
A: Ironically, I am grateful for my health. It’s a surprising answer considering the past decade. I’ve had a lot of health issues, but I’m alive, and I’m doing better, so I’m grateful for that.
8. How can our readers connect with you?
A: My twitter: @JStarksAUTHOR
My Instagram: JenniferStarks2022
Author Jennifer Starks (personal)/@AuthorJStarks(page)/@MultipleSclerosisMultipleLives(page)