I grew up in Texas and moved to Florida when I met the love of my life 13 years ago. I wrote my first poem when I was five and it was about my love affair with pickles. I still love pickles but I like to think my writing has grown since then. I absolutely adore anything to do with books whether it’s writing them or devouring them in one sitting. I live on music, love, and sweet tea. I am known for my silly but blunt personality. I’ve been lucky enough to find the love of my life, marry him and now we’re working on our happily ever after. He inspires me in everything I do, but especially in telling love stories. I’m an ordinary girl living an extraordinary love and I’m so happy I get to share it with the world through my writing. I can’t wait for you to read my debut novel, The Promise!
The Promise Synopsis
Copyright ©2013 Kate Benson
Devastated by circumstances beyond her control, Sophie Ryan’s life rips her from the arms of her first love, Jack. With only memories of their lost love, she’s forced to start over in a new town; surviving on her own for the first time since he left. Trying to begin her new life, fate decides a different direction for her, causing her to make a choice she never thought she’d have to.
Unsure of commitment after his failed engagement, Chase Mitchell finds himself stuck on a path of failed conquests and late nights at the bar. That is until he finds a pair of mesmerizing green eyes sitting in his usual spot. Something about this quiet girl forces him to question everything he has ever thought about love.
As Sophie looks down at the fork that’s presented in her path, will she choose the right direction? Will she be able to move towards the arms of the man who stands in front of her? Or will she choose to keep her promise to the one life forced her to leave behind?
TOP TEN LISTS
10 Things You Don’t Know About Kate Benson
1) I am a lover of all things vampire. Shiny, decaying, gross, hot. I don’t care. I love them all. Yes, Edward Cullen is my favorite. Yes, I know he glitters in the sun. Yes, I love him anyway.
2) My two favorite books are The Color Purple by Alice Walker and The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. They are also the only two books that have ever made me sob like a baby.
3) I am a huge music lover and listen to it any chance I get. If I can’t, I’m singing in my head. I also get really nervous if I try to drive without the radio on and find it impossible to listen to Outkast without shaking it like a Polaroid picture.
4) Ever since I had an accident in one on my twelfth birthday, I’ve been terrified of go-carts.
5) I don’t know how to roller skate and I can’t do a cartwheel. However I can air guitar like nobody’s business.
6) I love tattoos and have ten of them.
7) My favorite color is hot pink. I wear at least one hot pink thing every day.
8) My favorite singer ever is Freddie Mercury and I celebrate his birthday every year. I make a cake, watch (and sing along to) at least one Queen concert, wear moustache earrings and a Betty Boop shirt. Sometimes I even wear a cape. Yes, you read that right. I have a cape and it’s awesome.
9) I love to use swear words.
10) When I was fifteen, I had a dream about my wedding day. In the dream I married someone I didn’t know at the time. When I was twenty one, I met him while I was on vacation. He’s now my husband.
Amazon Buy Links:
Social Media Links:
The Promise Series Fan Page of FB: https://www.facebook.com/ThePromiseBookSeriesbyKateBenson